I have a project in Visual Studio 2013 and I am facing issues with 3-part naming.
I found out that a workaround is to replace
[DB].[Schema].[Table] from global variable
[$(DatabaseName)]. But the problem is there are some statements which are like:
@cmd "SELECT * FROM [DB].[Schema].[Table]"
and there are comments too both single line comments and multi-line comments
I have lines like these:
- SELECT @cmd = ‘ INSERT PhoenixCommon.dbo.ObjectAdministration’ +
- , @cmdFrom = ‘ FROM PhoenixCommon.dbo.ObjectAdministration oad’ +
- ** 02/08/08 Ed White Updated for PhoenixCommon DB
- — FROM PhoenixCommon.dbo.UserAccount
In these lines I don’t want to change “PheonixCommon” with “[$(DatabaseName)]”
but lines like this:
- JOIN PhoenixCommon.dbo.Object obj WITH (NOLOCK)
- UPDATE PhoenixCommon.dbo.Organization
- FROM PhoenixCommon.dbo.Organization
In these type of lines I want to replace PheonixCommon with [$(DatabaseName)]
Any suggestion how can I replace those
[DB] (in this casePheonixCommon) from
[$(DatabaseName)] using regular expression. Any other ideas are most welcome.