Recently, I made a website server on my server PC running Windows 7. I used WampServer, and I configured it as follows:
- Download and install WampServer.
- Check http://localhost (worked).
- Program out the HTML files necessary.
- Put it inside of the ‘www’ directory (the default directory of WampServer for HTML files)
- Go to http://localhost to see if it worked (yes, it did). Then right click WAMP notification and “Put online”.
- Go to my main PC and go to http://[local-ip-of-server-computer] to see if it worked. It did.
- Now, I configured the httpd.conf to “Request all granted”
- Next, I went on ahead to port forward. My router is Frontier Netgear router.
- I went to 192.168.254.254 (Frontier’s router addresss) > Firewall Settings > Port Forwarding > Add
- I selected “World Wide Web (HTTP)” and “OK”.
- Then I went to the menu and to “DMZ Host”. I enabled my server computer for that.
- With my main PC, I went on ahead to my public WAN IP mentioned on the router page. It didn’t work.
Whenever I try to load my http://[router-public-wan-ip], Google Chrome gets a “Webpage not avaliable. ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT”
I have port forwarded on my server PC’s Windows Firewall.
My httpd.conf is set to be on port 80. Also, I have changed my ServerName to [local-server-computer-ip]:80.
Can anyone provide any advice? Thanks.