I’m developing backend for mobile apps on Rails.
- server send json with specific locale when user select region and language from mobile app
- server have web interface for admins
- admins can change locale from web interface for specific region
- server application also have i18n in web interface
- admins can add new i18n locale from web interface
The questions are:
- Can Rails handle adding new i18n locale from web interface on the fly? Without restarting the server
- Where is better to store locales for mobile apps? I think raw json files on the server is a bad choice. I’m inclined to store it in DB and then convert to json and send to mobile app.